No one wants to deal with a plumbing disaster on Thanksgiving. However, if you are not careful with your plumbing system, that is what can happen. Below are some tips that will help you avoid a plumbing disaster this holiday.
- Turn on the garbage disposal when you put food into it.
- Fats and cooking oils can clog your garbage disposal. To prevent a clog, do not pour these liquids into the garbage disposal.
- In addition to fats and cooking oils, stringy and starchy foods can also cause a clog. Never put celery, poultry skins, fruit and potato peels in the garbage disposal.
Around the House
- Have any plumbing problems taken care of prior to the holiday.
- If you are having guests stay at your home this Thanksgiving, wait a few minutes in between showers.
- Never flush cotton balls, cotton swabs, or wipes down the toilet. They are not biodegradable and could clog your toilet.
If you do encounter a plumbing issue on Thanksgiving, put down the rented snake and step away from the liquid drain cleaner. Instead, turn to the professional plumbers at LPH Service. Call 717-207-8198 to schedule service.
Web Source: http://www.moneypit.com/article/tips-avoid-plumbing-problems-thanksgiving