Are you looking to make your outdoor patio the hot spot for hanging out this summer? A lot goes into making your backyard patio into a lounging space where you can host company or take a load off to relax. In order to upgrade your current patio, make sure you include these key features.
- Easy to Access – The point of a backyard patio is to have a place where you can relax and have fun. Therefore, the patio should be easily accessible by those inside and outside of the house. Make both pathways as clear and direct as possible.
- Personal Solitude – While the patio should be easy to access, it shouldn’t be easy to see into. Confused? Don’t be — the patio should be out of plain sight by neighbors or those in the front of the house. Place the patio directly behind the house, use curved walkways to get there, plant trees in select areas, and consider using outdoor walls or fencing for privacy.
- Outside That Feels Inside – Even though the point of a patio is to be outside, you want the comfort to match the inside of your home. Add furniture to your patio that is comfortable and soft. Pick a set of chairs and couches with cushions that are soft and comfortable, yet can withstand the conditions of Mother Nature.
- Something to Look At – While you’re outside lounging, the view from your seat should be a good looking one. Create a focal point like a well-maintained garden, a small tree, or a fountain or statue centerpiece. The surroundings and ambiance of your patio are just as important as the patio itself.
- Make it 24/7 – A patio shouldn’t be used only during the daytime. Adding exterior lighting and outlets will allow you to have a patio with sufficient lighting and the ability to play music, charge your phone, etc. Also, consider installing landscape lighting to illuminate walkways, your garden, and select pieces like trees or fountains.
If you’re looking to get the most out of your summer relaxation, fixing up your patio can provide you with exactly the space to do it in! Adding exterior lighting and outlets is a must for all patios, and Lancaster Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electrical can provide that for you! To learn more or to schedule an appointment, give us a call at (717) 207-8198.