It is normal to feel the heat during the dog days of summer. If you have an older air conditioner, it may not work as well as it once did. Luckily, there are small steps you can take to increase the cooling comfort of your home.
- Clean or switch out dirty air filters. This should be done on a monthly basis during the summer. If you have pets in your home, change them even more frequently.
- Shut the curtains. During the day, the sun is at its peak. That’s why it is a good idea to close the curtains, blinds or drapes. It will keep out some of the sun’s heat.
- Keep your outdoor A/C unit debris free. When small pieces of debris get inside your outdoor A/C unit, it can impede its performance. Be sure to clean any lingering debris on your unit.
- Set your thermostat to 78 degrees. Some homeowners lower the temperature of their air conditioner in the hopes of a more comfortable home. However, this will not cool your house any faster. We suggest setting your thermostat to 78 degrees.
- Use your ceiling fan. Your ceiling fan can be used in tandem with your cooling system. It will help circulate the cool air from A/C unit more efficiently.
Is your air conditioner in dire need of a repair? If so, choose Lancaster Plumbing, Heating and Cooling. You can trust our highly knowledgeable staff who receive over 100 hours of mandatory training a year, so they’re ready to handle repairs for your central air conditioners or ductless cooling systems. Call 717-207-8198 today to schedule service.