Don’t let the warm weather fool you, in no time at all the cool temperatures will be knocking at your door. As the leaves change colors and fall to the ground, make sure you follow these safety tips to avoid any damage to your home. .
- Landscaping Tools – Head to the garage and dig out your leaf and snow blowers for the coming seasons. In their place, safely store the lawnmower and weed whacker. For each tool, check any chargers or electrical cords for fraying.
- Electrical Outlets – Walk around your property and check on each of your exterior electrical outlets. Make sure they are properly working and covered so they don’t become damaged by rain or snow.
- Leaves & Lighting – Thousands of leaves will fall onto your property this season and it’s important to keep them away from outdoor lighting. Keep your property clean of any dead leaves because they can be highly flammable. This can be a dangerous combination if your exterior lighting is warm to the touch.
- Outside Specific – Any decorative lighting and electrical devices should be marked for outside use. Using indoor electrical equipment outside could result in damage to the device itself and to your home.
- Outdoor Overload – With many holidays coming up, outdoor decorations will be plentiful. Make sure you have an adequate amount of electrical outlets and that they are wired to several different circuits. This will prevent any circuits from overloading and causing damage to your home’s electrical system.
Even though the seasons are changing, your outlook and awareness of electrical safety should not. When your home’s electrical system needs service or repair, contact the pros at Lancaster Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electrical. To learn more, or to schedule an appointment, give us a call at (717) 207-8198.