Have you ever come home from work and realized that you’re hosting company within the next hour? These next 30 minutes can be a time for panic and stressful cleaning. However, the bathroom can be cleaned in just a few minutes if you follow this quick cleaning guide.
- Bag It Up – When you begin your mini cleaning adventure bring in a plastic bag and hang it on the doorknob. This way you have a place to throw out any trash as you clean and to also empty out the waste bin. Just remember to take this bag with you when you’re finished cleaning.
- Toilet Time – Pour a cup of bleach into the toilet bowl and brush the sides. Let the bleach sit and begin wiping down the lid and tank of the toilet with a rag and a solution of white vinegar and water. After you’re done wiping down the toilet, flush it.
- Wipe Down – Take more of the white vinegar and water solution and begin wiping down some of the surfaces in the bathroom. Especially areas that collect soap scum, water stains, and toothpaste like the sink, bathtub edges, faucets, and countertops.
- Fresh Towels – There’s no need to worry about all of the towels in your bathroom. Guests only use the hand towels so make sure that there are fresh ones near the sink. Just straighten out the other ones on the bar and rack for a neat and tidy presentation.
- Floor Tricks – Any mats or rugs on the floor should be shaken out and fluffed up. They will give off the illusion of being just vacuumed and any debris will be cleared off of them. Finish off the floor by taking a damp paper towel and wiping the corners and edges since dirt collects in these areas most.
With limited time to clean your home, the bathroom is one room that you know will only take a few minutes of your time. However, if you do discover any leaks or fixtures that need repair during this clean up, contact the plumbers at Lancaster Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electrical. To learn more, or to schedule an appointment, give us a call at (717) 207-8198.