Homeowners in the Lancaster area rely on their heating systems each fall and winter for warmth. It is important to make sure that you are using your heating system safely. Below are some tips to help you do just that.
- Do not utilize your oven to heat your home.
- Keep items and materials away from heating equipment, such as the furnace, fireplace, wood stove or space heater.
- Be sure to schedule a tune-up and inspection for your heating system with the pros at LPH Service.
- Shut off space heaters prior to leaving the room or going to bed.
- Use the right type of fuel for fuel burning space heaters.
- Once a month, test your smoke alarms.
- Put a durable screen in front of your fireplace. It will prevent sparks from entering the room.
At LPH Service, your safety is our number one priority. We hope that the tips above help you and your family stay safe this season. If your heating system starts to act up, turn to LPH Service. We can repair your heating system in less time than you think! Call 717-207-8198 to schedule service.
Web Source: http://www.nfpa.org/safety-information/for-consumers/causes/heating/heating-safety-tips