A lot of people depend on their air conditioners night and day to keep the house at a comfortable temperature. However, using your air conditioner 24/7 could result in a system failure. If your A/C unit breaks down on the hottest day of the year, don’t fret. Below are some tips on how you can troubleshoot the issue.
- Make sure that the air conditioner is plugged into a power source.
- Check to see if the thermostat is working properly. If not, it might simply need new batteries.
- Clean the evaporator in your A/C unit. If so do so and realize that inadequate air is blowing, you may have an improperly sized air conditioner.
- Be sure to change your air filter. A dirty or clogged air filter can impede air flow. In the summer, the air filter should be changed every month.
- It is possible that certain pieces of furniture are blocking your air vents. Move furniture accordingly if needed.
Still need service on your air conditioner? If you want to work with the very best in the business, the answer is clear. Choose Lancaster Plumbing, Heating and Cooling for your air conditioner needs. Call 717-207-8198 today to request service.