As the temperatures continue to drop, you may rely more on your heating system to keep warm. However, homeowners know that this can really take a toll on your energy bills. In honor of Energy Awareness Month, below are some tips to help you save money and energy this season.
- Seal any air leaks within your home. It is a good idea to caulk and weatherstrip doors and windows.
- During the day, keep the curtains open on your south facing windows. It will let natural light and warmth from the sun into your home. Close the curtains at night.
- Set your water heater to 120 degrees F.
- Remember to change your furnace’s air filter once a month.
- Consider having a programmable thermostat installed in your home.
- Have your heating system professionally maintained by one of the technicians at LPH Service.
Interested in saving money and energy this fall? If so, turn to the pros at LPH Service. We have the tools and experience to provide you with the latest technology and services in order to improve energy consumption and reduce utility bills. Call 717-207-8198 today to schedule service.